Monday, August 22, 2011

IV and STD's

You may have noticed that I skipped over Wednesday in my last post and that's because it deserves a post of it's own.

Wednesday night I drove up to Santa Barbara to visit Kelly and Claudia who I haven't really spent a lot of time with since high school except for the occassional lunch when we're both in town.  They live in Isla Vista where people never sleep, really I'm pretty sure I woke up every hour during the night and could still here people partying.  However I have some great friends and they know how to party.
I'm sure we only stayed in and played scrabble because I was there but I still thought it was nice of them.  Claudia defintely cleaned up on that game. 
Kelly went outside to chat with the neighbors after the game and quickly called me outside so that I could witness an IV fight.  I went something like "bleepity bleep bleep bleep" "who do you bleep think you bleep are?" "get the bleep away from me"
classy right?

The next morning Kelly said we were gonna go on a little "stroll" down the beach.  Little did I know a stroll meant a mile and a half walk in the sand, up some cliff, through campus, and then through vegetation back to their apartment.  Kelly is also the one who tried to make STD a saying in high school (abbreviation for "So Totally Down")
It wasn't too bad though since I made them stop and take pictures with me.






I was beyond excited to find an entire seashell just chillin on the shore that I took a picture of it.  Then I kept walking and realized there are shells every 5 steps in Santa Barbara. Didn't feel so cool then. 

I had one more thing on my agenda while I was in IV and that was to chow down on some of the most delicious food there is.
you guessed it. Freebirds.

And I mean the original. Not the americanized Texas chain that's going around.  There's something about having Mexicans make your mexican food and then having to eat your tacos with a knife and fork that just makes it all the more delicious.

We laid around in a food coma for a little bit and then Claudia went to work and I went home.

I seriously have some of the greatest friends ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment